Dear our valued Independent Sales Representatives/Franchisees/Customers/Business Partners
Avon Cosmetics (M) Sdn Bhd (“hereinafter collectively referred to as AVON”)respects the privacy of the information and personal data provided by you to AVON.
This Data Protection and Privacy Notice outlines how we collect, use, handle and protect the information and personal data given to us and in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. We however may amend this Data Protection and Privacy Notice without giving prior written notice but such amendments will be notified via our website.
A. DESCRIPTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Type of personal data:
- Name, race, date of birth, sex/gender, nationality, National Registration Identification Card number/ passport number, work history (including past and present), education background, occupation,
- Contact details including house phone number, mobile phone number, office phone number; email address, home address and mailing address, fax number, emergency contact details;
- Any personal data derived from any agreements or contracts executed between you and us;
- Credit card details, bank account number; and
- Any other personal data and information given by you, collected and provided to us for any of the purposes stated in Part C below.
B. SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect the personal data from the following sources (not exhaustive):
- From the agreements signed and executed between you and us;
- From any forms submitted by you including via our website;
- From any forms (whether electronic or printed) submitted by you during any promotional or marketing events of our products and/or services;
- From your registration with our official website;
- From any emails or correspondences sent to us which includes your personal data;
- From any other documents which are submitted to us for any of the purposes stated in Part C below; and
- From third parties including your legal representatives, our agents, you’re past employers.
C. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
We will process the personal data collected and used by us for, inter alia,the following purposes:
- Considering applications and the processing of applications as Independent Sales Representatives, Franchisees, and Business partners; and/or;
- Fulfil our contractual obligations towards you; and/or
- Record keeping and updating records; and/or
- Conducting credit check/credit worthiness; and/or
- Delivery of regular communication, notices, services, products, marketing and promotion of such services or products, whether present or future, to you; and/or
- For the maintenance of customer database and customer service related processes; and/or
- For billing and financial purpose, accounting and tax; and/or
- To comply with and/or authorised by legal or regulatory requirements; and/or
- Providing you with services, products or benefits offered by AVON or by selected third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
The personal data collected will be retained by us for the duration permitted/required under Malaysian law which may extend to periods after termination of your contractual relationship with us.
List of person / organization to whom the data may be disclosed:
- Our agents and service providers (including those located overseas) providing services relating to the purposes for which the personal data is collected; and/or
- Third parties (including those located overseas) including but not limited to employers, contractors/vendors, suppliers, partners, joint venture partners, advertisers, independent agents, relevant financial institutions and utility companies; and/or
- Any person who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential; and/or
- Related and affiliated of AVON; and/or
- Our business partners and affiliates that provide related services or products in connection with our business; and/or
- Third parties appointed by us to provide service on behalf of us or on our behalf such as auditors, lawyers, consultants, debt collectors and company secretary; and/or
- Relevant governmental authorities, statutory authorities, local council and industry regulators; and/or
- Required so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to (i) comply with requirement of any law enforcement agency, court order or legal process; or (ii) protect and defend rights of AVON and/or its personnel.
E. CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO SUPPLY PERSONAL DATA
In the event that you fail to supply the personal data to us, or insufficient personal data is supplied to us or is not to our satisfactory, your application or request for any purposes stated in Part C above may not be accepted or acted by us upon your request or your request to browse some information on AVON’s website may be denied or we will not be able to provide full range of benefit of our services and/or products to you and/or perform its obligations under the existing or potential contracts and/or agreements with you.
F. SECURITY AND DATA PROTECTION
We assure you that your personal data will be treated as confidential and we will implement the appropriate steps or procedures in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations to secure and protect your personal data and prevent unauthorized and unlawful use, loss, accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal data.
However, any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data submitted to us in whatsoever manner (including those sent or posted in AVON website) will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
G. DATA RETENTION
The personal data collected will be kept so long as necessary to fulfil the purpose stated in Part C above after which we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer necessary unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect the interest of AVON.
H. TRANSFER OF DATA
In the course of our business we may require or need to transfer your personal data out of Malaysia but such personal data transferred shall only be used for the purpose stated in Part C above and be disclosed to the parties stipulated in Part D above.
I. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you have the right of access to your personal data held by us and you may request for correction of the personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up to date.
If you have any questions regarding the Data Protection and Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your personal data or if you wish to request that your personal data is retained by us only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected or if you wish to communicate to us your objection to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes whereupon we will not use your personal data for these purposes or if you wish to withdraw, in full or in part, your consent to us for processing of your personal data for the purpose stated in Part C above or for the transfer of your personal data to parties stated in Part D above, you may send your request in writing to the following address:
AVON COSMECTICS (M) SDN BHD
LOT 13A, JALAN 219
46100, PETALING JAYA
Attn: The Legal Department
Notwithstanding your withdrawal of your consent, we may keep your personal data and process your personal data in circumstances which are recognized and permitted by law and/or as required under the contractual conditions.
We reserve the rights to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
In the event that there is any conflicts and/or inconsistencies between the English and Malay version, the English version shall prevail.