AVON as part of Natura &Co group of companies (“Natura &Co”, “we”, “us”, “our”), is fully committed to the responsible collection, use, and care of the Personal Data of individuals. This Cookies Policy (“Policy”) describes the different categories of cookies or similar technologies (“Cookies”) that may be used in connection with the AVON you are accessing https://shop.avon.my and how you can manage them.
Please note that, to the extent information collected through cookies constitutes Personal Data, we process such Data according to our Privacy Notice. If you have a query about how your Personal Data is being used, you can contact the data controller through the Data Protection Officer (DPO) team here.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device by websites/applications that you visit.Who sets the cookies?
Types of Cookies
We will now explain what cookies we use on our Site/Application and why we use them.A. Category
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are fundamental in making our Site/Application work. They usually are activated in response to your actions and requests to our Site/Application, such as when you login, set privacy preferences, or fill in forms. You can block them via your browser, but some parts of our Site/Application will not work for you while such cookies are blocked.
- Cookies not strictly necessary: These cookies are not necessary for the proper functioning of our Site/Application. We collect such cookies when you consent to it. We ask for your consent in our cookie banner or in the Site/Application cookie settings, or in App permissions.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site/Application. They assist us in understanding which pages are the most and least favoured, and how visitors move around the Site/Application. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Site/Application and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional cookies: These cookies enable our Site/Application to provide functionality and personalization and they allow the Site/Application to remember choices you make (such as [insert an applicable example]) and customised preference settings (e.g. text size). They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our Site/Application. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They may be set through our Site/Application by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal data but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social media cookies: These cookies are inserted by social media services we add to our Site/Application to allow you to share our content with your contacts. They can track your browsing in other Sites/Applications and personalise advertising on other Sites/Application based on your interests. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to see or use such sharing tools.
How long will cookies remain on my device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your device depends on whether it is a “session” or “persistent” cookie.
- Session cookies last until you stop browsing. These are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted.
Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the following section on how to manage cookies and for more information on removing them before they expire.
Your Control Over the Cookies:
- We must get your consent to send cookies to your computer or mobile device unless the cookies are strictly necessary to provide services to you or the applicable laws allow otherwise. The cookies do not store any info that could personally identify you. When these cookies collect Personal Data, the lawful basis for such processing is our legitimate business interests, according to the applicable laws.
- You can refuse or accept cookies from our Site/Application and set your cookie preferences when you first arrive at our Site/Application or change them at any time at
- Alternatively, you can use the cookies settings on your browser. Relevant information on browser settings can be also found on your browser provider's website via your help screen or you may wish to refer to the following site, which is not affiliated with us, for information on commonly used browsers.
- To disable cookies in our Application you should refer to the Settings on your mobile device.
- Unless the cookie is a strictly necessary cookie, you can withdraw your consent to our cookies at any time even if you have previously consented. Please be aware that when you withhold your consent, this does not automatically delete any cookies that are already on your device pursuant to your previous consent. You will need to delete these cookies manually by following the instructions on your web browser and/or device.
Contact us: AVON may amend this Policy from time to time. Please observe the date at the end of this page to see when this Policy was last revised. Changes to this Policy will be effective when we make available the revised version to our Site/Application.
Please direct all questions, comments or, requests regarding this Policy to the DPO team here.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 30 Aug 2023